Friday 30 August 2013

Revisiting My New Year’s Resolution


I don’t follow the trend of making New Year’s resolutions; not because I agree with Calvin…

via


…but possibly because I know that for the major part, they won’t be followed through (Ha! Such optimism!) . This year, however, I decided to make one. Not a big list with lots of high hopes written down, but a single, simple resolution.

via






















My New Year’s resolution was this - to drink more water daily.

Yes, that was it! My water intake was shamefully less, and I thought if I had just a single item on my resolutions list, I’d stick to it.

So did I?

After 2/3 of the year has passed and we’re closer to the end of the year than the beginning, I’m finally making a reassessment of my water intake - and I realize that I haven’t been sticking to my resolution completely. Yes, I have noticed an improvement in my water intake, but sometimes, I go through extreme dry spells.

One thing which helps remind me to hydrate myself more often is keeping a jug of water on the table through the day. It serves as a visual reminder, while at the same time helping me keep track of the amount I drink. The prettier the jug, the better!

via


Having a jug of water and a glass beside me while blogging works wonders; that’s when I drink like a camel!

Now please excuse me while I go fill ‘er up.

Have you kept up with your New Year’s resolutions?

11 comments:

  1. HAHAH this is awesome -
    and also something that comes very naturally to me.
    I think I'm part whale or something.

    What helps me is to keep a cup with me all day, and to always keep it filled. (like, one with a lid and straw) - your instinct will take over and you will naturally drink about 8 of them.

    You pee a lot too... fyi.
    BUT totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that you don't have to consciously remind yourself to drink enough!

      And you know, that is exactly why I don't drink a lot of water on days I know I'll be out long ;)

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty good resolution and so very achieveable!

    I've been keeping some of mine this year. One of it was to get out of my comfort zone and I have done great at that!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading your posts getting out of your comfort zone. You did do that really well! I'm happy to hear you've been able to see your resolutions through :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the reminder - I have 4 more months to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ;) Four months should suffice. At least it isn't December yet :D

      Delete
  4. Gosh, how time flies fast. I started cutting down on coffee this year and whenever I get a craving I drink a glass of cold water. It's working so far. I propose a toast to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, Arni? I was just thinking maybe I'll make myself a teeny cup of coffee...and it's midnight! Thank you for reminding me I don't need to disrupt my sleep that way! I've taken a glass of water to pacify me, and it did.

      Delete
  5. The jug is a brilliant idea! I have a water bottle I carry with me at all times so I have a reminder to keep drinking water. Some of my friends have referred to it as my "security blanket" because my last words before heading out the door are almost always, "Where's my water bottle?" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're channeling your inner Mad-Eye Moody, aren't you ;) I did that in college, but it didn't amount to much - my friends would swig from my half-liter bottle too, so it would finish in no time.

      Delete
  6. A great and (hopefully simple) resolution! I actually made a small list that I've been checking in with myself each month! Honestly knowing that I'm holding myself accountable and blogging about it makes me want to do better (because I feel like if I fail it will be on display!)

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete