Thursday 8 August 2013

...That Is Life


via

 I was on the platform,
all this time,
but I missed the train.

I stood by,
watched it rumble past,
without uttering a word of protest.

I could have boarded that ride,
could have gone where I wanted,
but I let it slide.

I was so close,
and yet I let the chance slip,
due to nobody's fault but my own.

The passengers who managed
to board that train
have made it.

They have reached the same place I'd dreamed of,
had initially set out for.

Now I can only wait and see,
if another train to the same destination will arrive.

If it does,
you can bet I will be the first one to jump in.

If it doesn't,
I will have to change my destination.

That is life.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this! Life can take so many different paths and it doesn't necessarily have to be the destination we initially set out for.

    ReplyDelete