Sunday 16 February 2014

It's Been A While


Hello everyone! Did you miss me? I know I missed this space! I couldn't put off blogging anymore, so here I am! I honestly did not realize how long it's been.

Despite being an absentee blogger, I have been reading all the blogs I usually do. I just didn't leave any comments because some part of my brain convinced me it would be rude to comment but not have any new posts up for other bloggers to read (or leave a comment on) if they click back. Basically I was thinking, "No comments anywhere till I write a new blog post" and assumed I was doing the right thing. I was convinced it should be a reciprocal give and take relationship wherein I take by reading the other bloggers' post and give by writing something of my own for them to read. Because I didn't have any post up, I felt like I was being selfish and just taking all the time. Leaving a comment would have validated my having read the post, hence having taken, but not having anything new on my blog for them. Now that I think about it, that is the dumbest notion I could ever have conceived. Just letting the other person know I read their posts and sharing my two cents' worth on it would have been better than this long silence. I shouldn't have listened to that brain of mine; it's feeding me all sorts of silly ideas.

...are you still here, or did I lose you in that last paragraph?

So what has been going on, you ask? Well, things haven't been all that rosy - there are some academic issues giving me trouble. I would love to go into detail about that, but since I am not keen on any acquaintances of mine finding my online space, I shall have to refrain from sharing much. Suffice it to say that not every foreign degree is accepted in every other country. Yeah. Major headache and huge downer. I have a Masters degree in one country and a big zero in the other. Not cool, fatherland. Not cool at all.

via


Now that the elephant in the room has been addressed, I'll move on to other things that have been keeping me entertained. I've been cooking and baking a lot, haunting the library, and catching up on my favourite series and anime. I've started a new hobby which I might blog about another time. I've made some lifestyle changes I'm enjoying.

True, that. (via)


I won't promise I'll blog often because I noticed a trend in my emails to my friends - whenever I mail them saying I promise I shall write them a legit long novel of a reply, I never get around to doing it. Conversely, if I just say "Till next time!" and do not promise anything, I send them that long novel that has been writing itself in the back of my mind.

So... Till next time!

3 comments:

  1. glad you're back, and so sorry for your frustrations! i can't even imagine .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I completely sympathize with your transfer credits. I work at at a university, and I always feel bad telling out-of-state transfers or foreign students how little of their credit transfers. OR if it does, usually it's a big hassle to get it counted. I'm so sorry you have to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, & glad you're back again! sorry that you've been dealing with some stressful issues (school stuff can be so complicated! ugh!!) I know that blogging can be alot to keep up with too, so I hope you are able to do it at your own pace, just for fun :)

    ♥ perfectly PRIYA

    ReplyDelete